Обсуждение: OIDS question

OIDS question

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
I know we shouldn't use them; but ...

We have some apps that are using OIDS only as a unique key for updating
single records in table.

To transfer these tables to another system using pg_dump; I really only
need "WITH OIDS" on the CREATE TABLE command, not the COPY statements.

While playing with this I noticed that using the -c -o options of
pg_dump together; I get OIDS in COPY statements, but not in the CREATE
commands.  Either this is a bug; or I'm missing something here...

Re: OIDS question

Дата:
Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> writes:
> While playing with this I noticed that using the -c -o options of
> pg_dump together; I get OIDS in COPY statements, but not in the CREATE
> commands.  Either this is a bug; or I'm missing something here...

Please provide some details ... AFAICS the COPY and CREATE TABLE cases
are testing the same conditions.

            regards, tom lane

Re: OIDS question

От
Frank Bax
Tom Lane wrote:
> Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> writes:
>> While playing with this I noticed that using the -c -o options of
>> pg_dump together; I get OIDS in COPY statements, but not in the CREATE
>> commands.  Either this is a bug; or I'm missing something here...
>
> Please provide some details ... AFAICS the COPY and CREATE TABLE cases
> are testing the same conditions.

Never mind; I was missing something. It seems that pg_dump puts out SET
commands instead of using "WITH OIDS" option on "CREATE TABLE"; as in:

SET default_with_oids = true;
SET default_with_oids = false;

Sorry for the noise.