Обсуждение: updating table where one date field is null

updating table where one date field is null

От
richard terry
Дата:
I'm passing some information to postges (from gambas basic), which gets the
data from date type

eg date1 as date
     date2 as date

(IN the postgres database the default on the date field is null)

my problem is that postgres baulks when I"ve not put a date into one of the
gambas date variables with the message:

"invalid syntax for type date '00:00:00'"

my sql is far more complex but reduced to the date part reads something like
this

insert into mytable (date1, date2) values

('01/01/2008','00:00:00')

I wondered if anyone could volunteer a solution

Regards

Richard

Re: updating table where one date field is null

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, richard terry wrote:

> I'm passing some information to postges (from gambas basic), which gets the
> data from date type
>
> eg date1 as date
>      date2 as date
>
> (IN the postgres database the default on the date field is null)
>
> my problem is that postgres baulks when I"ve not put a date into one of the
> gambas date variables with the message:
>
> "invalid syntax for type date '00:00:00'"
>
> my sql is far more complex but reduced to the date part reads something like
> this
>
> insert into mytable (date1, date2) values
>
> ('01/01/2008','00:00:00')

'00:00:00' isn't a date. Are you sure that the second isn't meant to be a
time?

Re: updating table where one date field is null

От
richard terry
Дата:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:34:14 am Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > I'm passing some information to postges (from gambas basic), which gets
> > the data from date type
> >
> > eg date1 as date
> >      date2 as date
> >
> > (IN the postgres database the default on the date field is null)
> >
> > my problem is that postgres baulks when I"ve not put a date into one of
> > the gambas date variables with the message:
> >
> > "invalid syntax for type date '00:00:00'"
> >
> > my sql is far more complex but reduced to the date part reads something
> > like this
> >
> > insert into mytable (date1, date2) values
> >
> > ('01/01/2008','00:00:00')
>
> '00:00:00' isn't a date. Are you sure that the second isn't meant to be a
> time?
Interesting observation, I'll ask on the gambas list. In gambas one declares a
date type as per the above, and the 00:00:00 is obviously the default of an
empty date for some reason (or as you say date/time). Thanks for replying, at
least this puts me on a track.

Regards

Richard