Обсуждение: Stopping a transaction as soon as an error occurs

Stopping a transaction as soon as an error occurs

От
"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos"
Дата:
Hi list,

I am dumping a series of data. Basically I'm migrating the tables from one database to another. However, I wanted the transaction to stop immediately as soon as the error below occurs:

psql:gravy.all.schema.sql:142136: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

What happens is that it continues to do the transaction even if there's already a transaction and I'm having hard time catching it. I need to know which line number the error first occured so that  I can check my dump file and do the necessary remedy.

Thanks,

Ridvan

--
Laurence J. Peter  - "Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it."

Re: Stopping a transaction as soon as an error occurs

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Jul 17, 2008, at 12:49 AM, Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos wrote:

> I am dumping a series of data. Basically I'm migrating the tables
> from one database to another. However, I wanted the transaction to
> stop immediately as soon as the error below occurs:
>
> psql:gravy.all.schema.sql:142136: ERROR:  current transaction is
> aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
>
> What happens is that it continues to do the transaction even if
> there's already a transaction and I'm having hard time catching it.
> I need to know which line number the error first occured so that  I
> can check my dump file and do the necessary remedy.

Put this at the stop of your file to make psql stop when an error
occurs:

\set ON_ERROR_STOP 1

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Re: Stopping a transaction as soon as an error occurs

От
"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos"
Дата: