Обсуждение: Number of postgres connections

Number of postgres connections

От
"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos"
Дата:
Hi list,

I've having a dilemma here. My problem here is that I'm getting maxed out of my connection. My max connection is set to 100. I don't know if setting the max connection higher is the right solution. My other alternative is to scan through the application and check whether it closes the database connection. We're currently using Propel as our ORM.

Thanks,

Ridvan

--
EB White  - "Be obscure clearly."

Re: Number of postgres connections

От
Mark Roberts
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 15:27 +0800, Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos
wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've having a dilemma here. My problem here is that I'm getting maxed
> out of my connection. My max connection is set to 100. I don't know if
> setting the max connection higher is the right solution. My other
> alternative is to scan through the application and check whether it
> closes the database connection. We're currently using Propel as our
> ORM.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ridvan
>
> --
> EB White  - "Be obscure clearly."

Honestly, I'd check to make sure that the application is both recycling
the database handles as well as committing/closing down unnecessary
handles.  Other than that, it sounds like you've already got everything
figured out.

I've typically found it handy to write a database handle cache mechanism
for my applications.  I don't know how this would work with Propel, but
if you suspect that it's the culprit, feel free to hit up their
support/mailing lists.

If this is a production server, it might also be worth putting in some
logging/monitoring software to page you if you're approaching your
connection limit.  Best of luck!

-Mark