Обсуждение: pg_config --pgxs

pg_config --pgxs

От
George Weaver
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to create a makefile for installing some C functions.

When I include the following in the makefile:

    PGXS := $(shell pg_config --pgxs)
    include $(PGXS)

I get the following error:

    $ make
    pg_config: invalid argument: --pgxs
    Try 'pg_config --help' for more information.
    Makefile:10: no file name for `include'
    make: *** No targets. Stop.

When I run pg_config -- help, I don't see any options for the --pgxs
argument.

I am using MinGW under XP.

What am I missing??

Thanks,
George

Re: pg_config --pgxs

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:12:26AM -0600, George Weaver wrote:
>    $ make
>    pg_config: invalid argument: --pgxs
>    Try 'pg_config --help' for more information.

What does "pg_config --version" show?  PGXS is available in 8.0 and
later.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: pg_config --pgxs

От
George Weaver
Дата:
Michael Fuhr wrote:

> What does "pg_config --version" show?  PGXS is available in 8.0 and
> later.

Interesting...

$ pg_config --version
PostgreSQL 7.3.2

$ pg_config --configure
'--enable-multibyte' '--with-python' '--with-perl' '--with-java'
'--with-CXX' '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-7.3.2'

I am running 8.1 and ran configure under MSys to build the 8.1 source tree
for installing the XML2 contrib module!

I do have a cygwin version of 7.3.2 installed on my system as well - I'll
have to figure out where the conflict is arising.

Thanks, Michael, for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
George

Re: pg_config --pgxs

От
George Weaver
Дата:
Michael Fuhr wrote:

> What does "pg_config --version" show?  PGXS is available in 8.0 and
> later.

Hi Michael;

pg_config --version now shows:

$ pg_config --version
PostgreSQL 8.1.0

However, when I try pg_config --pgxs it returns nothing:

$ pg_config --pgxs

$

The following are all undefined:

  --includedir
  --pkgincludedir
  --includedir-server
  --localedir
  --mandir
  --sysconfdir
  --pgxs
  --cflags_sl
  --ldflags_sl

Is there a way to configure these?

Thanks,
George

Re: pg_config --pgxs

Дата:
George Weaver <gweaver@shaw.ca> writes:
> pg_config --version now shows:

> $ pg_config --version
> PostgreSQL 8.1.0

> However, when I try pg_config --pgxs it returns nothing:

> $ pg_config --pgxs

> $

If you're on Windows this probably means that GetShortPathName() is
failing.  I'm not sure what conditions cause that, exactly.  It might be
a good idea if we fixed pg_config to print out the error code rather
than just silently failing.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_config --pgxs

От
George Weaver
Дата:
On March 2 Tom Lane wrote:

> If you're on Windows this probably means that GetShortPathName() is
> failing.  I'm not sure what conditions cause that, exactly.  It might be
> a good idea if we fixed pg_config to print out the error code rather
> than just silently failing.

Hi Tom,

I am using Windows (XP).

Regards,