Обсуждение: createlang Utility Error

createlang Utility Error

От
"Lane Van Ingen"
Дата:
I am trying to install version 8.0.1 on Linux (Slackware 10.0), and am
trying to
use the createlang utility to allow plpgsql as a language.

Command used was: createlang plpgsql <database name>;
Results were:
  language installation failed: ERROR:  permission denied for language c

Can anyone tell me what would cause this, and how do I fix ???

Re: createlang Utility Error

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:11:49PM -0500, Lane Van Ingen wrote:
> Command used was: createlang plpgsql <database name>;
> Results were:
>   language installation failed: ERROR:  permission denied for language c

Looks like you're running createlang as an unprivileged user.  Run
it as a database superuser.  Example:

createlang -U postgres plpgsql dbname

--
Michael Fuhr