Обсуждение: could not send data to client: Broken pipe

could not send data to client: Broken pipe

От
Pradeep Parmar
Дата:
Hi,

I'm using Postgres 7.4. I have a web application built with php4 using postgres7.4

I was going through /var/log/messages of my linux box ( SLES 9). I encountered the following messages quite a few times.

>postgres[20199]: [4-1] ERROR:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
>postgres[30391]: [6-1] LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
>postgres[30570]: [6-1] LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe

Can anyone help me in interpreting these messages?
What is causing this error msg? What is the severity?

Regards

-- Pradeep

Re: [PERFORM] could not send data to client: Broken pipe

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Pradeep Parmar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Postgres 7.4. I have a web application built with php4 using
> postgres7.4
>
> I was going through /var/log/messages of my linux box ( SLES 9). I
> encountered the following messages quite a few times.
>
>> postgres[20199]: [4-1] ERROR:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
>> postgres[30391]: [6-1] LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
>> postgres[30570]: [6-1] LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe
>
> Can anyone help me in interpreting these messages?
> What is causing this error msg? What is the severity?

Not really a performance question, but at a guess your client went away.
Is there anything to indicate this in your php/apache logs? Can you
reproduce it by hitting cancel in your web-browser?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd