Обсуждение: phpPgAdmin login problem

phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Paul Smith
Дата:
Dear All

My pg_hba.conf is:

local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          reject
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               reject
$

but I always get "login failed" on phpPgAdmin, although I insert the
correct username/password. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 00:12 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> My pg_hba.conf is:
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all         all                               md5
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          reject
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all         all         ::1/128               reject
> $
>
> but I always get "login failed" on phpPgAdmin, although I insert the
> correct username/password. Any ideas?

AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Paul Smith
Дата:
On 2/5/06, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > My pg_hba.conf is:
> >
> > # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> > local   all         all                               md5
> > # IPv4 local connections:
> > host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          reject
> > # IPv6 local connections:
> > host    all         all         ::1/128               reject
> > $
> >
> > but I always get "login failed" on phpPgAdmin, although I insert the
> > correct username/password. Any ideas?
>
> AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
> from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Thanks, Devrim. I have done that, but still login failed.

Paul

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 00:28 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> > AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
> > from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
>
> Thanks, Devrim. I have done that, but still login failed.

- phpPgAdmin does not allow connections from postgres user; are you
trying to connect via that user?

- Check that you have that username in pg_shadow.

- What's in the PostgreSQL logs?

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

Дата:
Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> writes:
> On 2/5/06, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
>> from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

> Thanks, Devrim. I have done that, but still login failed.

Did you do "pg_ctl reload" after changing the pg_hba.conf file?

            regards, tom lane

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Paul Smith
Дата:
> >> AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
> >> from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
>
> > Thanks, Devrim. I have done that, but still login failed.
>
> Did you do "pg_ctl reload" after changing the pg_hba.conf file?

I did everything from the beginning:

1. createuser;
2. on a directory created on my home directory, I did "initdb.";
3. but something strange occurs:

$ postmaster -D .
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not,
wait a few seconds and retry.
WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
$

Paul

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 01:29 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> > Did you do "pg_ctl reload" after changing the pg_hba.conf file?
>
> I did everything from the beginning:
>
> 1. createuser;
> 2. on a directory created on my home directory, I did "initdb.";
> 3. but something strange occurs:
>
> $ postmaster -D .
> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not,
> wait a few seconds and retry.
> WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
> FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets

AFAICS, before creating the cluster, you rm'ed the previous one, without
stopping the running postmaster. So now you cannot start postmaster.

You need to stop/kill the previous ones. Use ps to find out those
processes.

Re: phpPgAdmin login problem

От
Paul Smith
Дата:
On 2/5/06, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > > AFAIR phpPgAdmin uses TCP/IP socket, so you should allow TCP connections
> > > from localhost -> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
> >
> > Thanks, Devrim. I have done that, but still login failed.
>
> - phpPgAdmin does not allow connections from postgres user; are you
> trying to connect via that user?
>
> - Check that you have that username in pg_shadow.
>
> - What's in the PostgreSQL logs?

No, I am not trying to connect via postgres user. Where is pg_shadow
located? Same question regarding logs.

Paul