Обсуждение: Install 8.1 on Mac OS 10.4

Install 8.1 on Mac OS 10.4

От
Viva Chu
Дата:
I'm trying to compile postgresql 8.1 on my powerbook, mac os 10.4.  Can't
seem to get the ./configure script to run correctly.  Config.log shows that
there is an error when trying to run the gcc compiler.   It looks like the
postgres configure script tries to configure some base directories and is
appending "</dev/null >&5" to any gcc commands.  My config.log is attached.

The configure script looks like greek to me.  Any ideas as to how to fix
this?

Viva

Вложения

Re: Install 8.1 on Mac OS 10.4

От
Brendan Duddridge
Дата:
Hello Viva,

Here's a good tutorial on installing PostgreSQL on Tiger:

http://keyvaluecoding.com/Tiger/postgres.html

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.1 on my PowerBook right now. I had no issues
with the configure script when following the above instructions.

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB  T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com

On Dec 3, 2005, at 12:04 PM, Viva Chu wrote:

> I'm trying to compile postgresql 8.1 on my powerbook, mac os 10.4.
> Can't
> seem to get the ./configure script to run correctly.  Config.log
> shows that
> there is an error when trying to run the gcc compiler.   It looks
> like the
> postgres configure script tries to configure some base directories
> and is
> appending "</dev/null >&5" to any gcc commands.  My config.log is
> attached.
>
> The configure script looks like greek to me.  Any ideas as to how
> to fix
> this?
>
> Viva
>
> <config.log>
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Вложения

Re: Install 8.1 on Mac OS 10.4

Дата:
Viva Chu <viva@root.net> writes:
> I'm trying to compile postgresql 8.1 on my powerbook, mac os 10.4.  Can't
> seem to get the ./configure script to run correctly.

> configure:2159: error: C compiler cannot create executables

You've got a pretty broken compiler installation AFAICS.  Does it work
for any other purpose?

Postgres does build out-of-the-box on OS X, as long as you have a sane
set of developer tools installed.  IIRC, OS X 10.4 requires at least
Xcode 2.0, and 2.1 is probably a better idea.  If you've upgraded from
10.3 or earlier you may have obsolete Xcode files.  Try downloading the
latest Xcode, wiping your current Xcode installation, and installing
fresh.

            regards, tom lane