Обсуждение: General Question

General Question

От
Steve Henry
Дата:
I am currently exploring SQL engine options for a project we are
planning for the Macintosh OS X platform.  Someone told me that
PostgresSQL is available for OS X.

Can anyone confirm, or point me in the right direction?

Very much appreciated!

Steve Henry

Re: General Question

От
Steve Poe
Дата:
Steve,

You should be able to compile PostgreSQL source with the gcc tools which
come with OS X.

Do you have development tools for OS X installed?

Steve Poe

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 15:20 -0700, Steve Henry wrote:
> I am currently exploring SQL engine options for a project we are
> planning for the Macintosh OS X platform.  Someone told me that
> PostgresSQL is available for OS X.
>
> Can anyone confirm, or point me in the right direction?
>
> Very much appreciated!
>
> Steve Henry

Re: General Question

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Jul 1, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Steve Henry wrote:

> I am currently exploring SQL engine options for a project we are
> planning for the Macintosh OS X platform.  Someone told me that
> PostgresSQL is available for OS X.
>
> Can anyone confirm, or point me in the right direction?

Yes, PostgreSQL is excellent on OS X. You can install Apple's
developer tools and compile it yourself or use one of the pre-
compiled distributions. Here are a couple of choices:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml

John DeSoi, Ph.D.