Обсуждение: capring postgresql and mysql

capring postgresql and mysql

От
"Cima"
Дата:
hi all,

id like to know where i could find some info on the advantages that postgresql has over mysql.

thanks

Re: [despammed] capring postgresql and mysql

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
am  30.06.2005, um  2:02:52 -0700 mailte Cima folgendes:
> hi all,
>
> id like to know where i could find some info on the advantages that postgresql has over mysql.

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/crash-me.php

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: [despammed] capring postgresql and mysql

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Jun 30, 2005, at 3:19 PM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

> am  30.06.2005, um  2:02:52 -0700 mailte Cima folgendes:
>
>> id like to know where i could find some info on the advantages
>> that postgresql has over mysql.
>>

> http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/crash-me.php

My goodness! Their version of PostgreSQL is 7.3.3!

Another place you might want to check is
http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html
http://sql-info.de/postgresql/postgres-gotchas.html

The mailing list archives also have additional information about
comparisons.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: capring postgresql and mysql

От
Дата:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&biw=&hl=en&q=postgresql+advantages+over+mysql&btnG=Google+Search

one advantage mysql has is that there is a lot more
documentation.  if you have trouble digging deep
trying to get info then you'll spend a lot of time on
this mailing list.

your life will also be easier if you already have
database experience.

i chose pgsql over mysql about a year ago and haven't
looked back...  but it took me 30 days just to get the
darn thing installed.  it should be easier now, but i
haven't tried pgsql 8 yet.

--- Cima <ruel.cima@facinf.uho.edu.cu> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> id like to know where i could find some info on the
> advantages that postgresql has over mysql.
>

> thanks

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Re: capring postgresql and mysql

От
Josh Berkus
OE:

> one advantage mysql has is that there is a lot more
> documentation.  if you have trouble digging deep
> trying to get info then you'll spend a lot of time on
> this mailing list.

Wow!  MySQL has *more* than 1100 pages in their manual?  I'm impressed ...
and a little disturbed.   ;-)

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: capring postgresql and mysql

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> OE:
>
> > one advantage mysql has is that there is a lot more
> > documentation.  if you have trouble digging deep
> > trying to get info then you'll spend a lot of time on
> > this mailing list.
>
> Wow!  MySQL has *more* than 1100 pages in their manual?  I'm impressed ...
> and a little disturbed.   ;-)

Uh, I am told our manual is 1332 pages.

Re: capring postgresql and mysql

От
Дата:
i worded that poorly.  by 'documentation' i meant
books and online tutorials.

sorry about the confusion.  i think the pgsql manual
is well done.

pgsql books and online tutorials are sprouting up -
there are more options than when i started a year ago.
 it was tough for a newbie.