Обсуждение: Combining images

Combining images

От
Johan De Koning
Дата:
Hello,

Inside my postgres database i want to store images of doors, windows
etc together with a specification of how a building face looks like
(so on which position is the door, etc). When i am doing a select i
want to combine the different images so that one image is given back
per face.

Is there an extension for Postgres to make this possible? I heard
something about Oracle which has the techniques available to combine
images within the database. BTW the new images should not be stored by
now inside the database, so there is no caching.

With regards,

Johan de Koning

Re: Combining images

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
On Friday 24 June 2005 4:03 am, Johan De Koning wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Inside my postgres database i want to store images of doors,
> windows etc together with a specification of how a building face
> looks like (so on which position is the door, etc). When i am doing
> a select i want to combine the different images so that one image
> is given back per face.
>
> Is there an extension for Postgres to make this possible? I heard
> something about Oracle which has the techniques available to
> combine images within the database. BTW the new images should not
> be stored by now inside the database, so there is no caching.

That sort of operation is much better handled by a client application.
Imagemagick (http://imagemagick.org) is a fantastic tool for scripted
image manipulation.

Cheers,
Steve