Обсуждение: "NOT NULL" field

"NOT NULL" field

От
tövis
Дата:
Hi everybody!
I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on Debian Testing (Kernel 2.4.27 SMP) with winXP application (Clarion 6.1 RAD) through ODBC Unicode 3.0(?) Beta.
Currently I'm converting my existing database and realize that "NOT NULL" seem to be is not enough! - server accepting NULL value?
This is the fragment of the definition. What is wrong?

CREATE TABLE nod
(
 aid     serial CONSTRAINT nod_key PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
 num     INTEGER NOT NULL,
);

Tovis

Re: "NOT NULL" field

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On 5/23/05, tövis <tovises@freemail.hu> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on Debian Testing (Kernel 2.4.27 SMP) with winXP
> application (Clarion 6.1 RAD) through ODBC Unicode 3.0(?) Beta.
> Currently I'm converting my existing database and realize that "NOT NULL"
> seem to be is not enough! - server accepting NULL value?
> This is the fragment of the definition. What is wrong?
>
> CREATE TABLE nod
> (
>  aid     serial CONSTRAINT nod_key PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
>  num     INTEGER NOT NULL,
> );
>
> Tovis

Verify you aren't saving blank spaces, that is not the same that not
null. Until, when i have constrained a field to be not null it
rejected to save nulls.

a little test, do a copy from table to file, and see the contents if
you have \N characters you are right these are nulls if not they are
not.

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Re: "NOT NULL" field

От
tövis
Дата:
Hi!
pgAdmin III gives me result "0" in a csv file.
Nativ pg_dump also give me beck "0"? What is going on?;o(

> I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on Debian Testing (Kernel 2.4.27 SMP) with
> winXP
> application (Clarion 6.1 RAD) through ODBC Unicode 3.0(?) Beta.
> Currently I'm converting my existing database and realize that "NOT NULL"
> seem to be is not enough! - server accepting NULL value?
> This is the fragment of the definition. What is wrong?
>
> CREATE TABLE nod
> (
>  aid     serial CONSTRAINT nod_key PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
>  num     INTEGER NOT NULL,
> );
>
> Tovis

Verify you aren't saving blank spaces, that is not the same that not
null. Until, when i have constrained a field to be not null it
rejected to save nulls.

a little test, do a copy from table to file, and see the contents if
you have \N characters you are right these are nulls if not they are
not.

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova
(DBA: DataBase Aniquilator ;)

Re: "NOT NULL" field

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On 5/23/05, tövis <tovises@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Hi!
> pgAdmin III gives me result "0" in a csv file.
> Nativ pg_dump also give me beck "0"? What is going on?;o(

AFAIK, pg_dump without any parameters give you \N for NULL fields

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova