Обсуждение: Autocommit in Postgresql

Autocommit in Postgresql

От
Vitaly Belman
Дата:
I read that the "autocommit" setting doesn't exist in the new versions
of PostgreSQL. Is there another way to do it? I am using pgAdmin and
it is quite annoying to remember to open a transaction everytime.

In Oracle I am used to just run any SQLs I want in the client and
nothing gets commited until I explicitly say so.

--
 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984

Re: Autocommit in Postgresql

От
Olivier Thauvin
Дата:
Le Thursday 12 May 2005 09:31, Vitaly Belman a écrit :
> I read that the "autocommit" setting doesn't exist in the new versions
> of PostgreSQL. Is there another way to do it? I am using pgAdmin and
> it is quite annoying to remember to open a transaction everytime.

The autocommit setting is the default except you explicitly open a
transaction.

Вложения

Re: Autocommit in Postgresql

От
Vitaly Belman
Дата:
That's the problem... Is there a way to make it implicitly open a
transaction? For example now in pgAdmin when I play with SQLs I have
to do begin and rollback constant because whenever a query fails it
refuses to do anything at all until I "rollback", and then of course I
have to do "begin" again unless I want my queries to be real.

--
 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984
 MSN: tmdagent@hotmail.com
 Yahoo!: VitalyBe

Re: Autocommit in Postgresql

Дата:
Vitaly Belman <vitalyb@gmail.com> writes:
> That's the problem... Is there a way to make it implicitly open a
> transaction? For example now in pgAdmin when I play with SQLs I have
> to do begin and rollback constant because whenever a query fails it
> refuses to do anything at all until I "rollback", and then of course I
> have to do "begin" again unless I want my queries to be real.

pgAdmin really should offer some kind of setting to help you with that.
Try asking the pgadmin gurus (I am not sure if any of them read this
list).

            regards, tom lane