Обсуждение: updating my pg-drivers crashed my system...

updating my pg-drivers crashed my system...

От
Timo Roessner
Дата:
hi everybody,

some minutes ago i installed DBD::Pg 1.41, i.e. the postgressql-driver
to access your postgressql-database via perl-scripts

i already had installed DBD::Pg 1.40, postgressql-server 8 (running
under fedora 3), and everything was working fine, i could access the
database via perl, do inserts updates etc.

the reason why i installed Pg-version 1.41 was that Pg-version 1.40
seems to have a bug when you try to use prepared-statements.

anyway, the installation of the Pg-driver was fine, but now nothing
works anymore

i can start the postmaster-process via shell, but when i try to access
the database with my perl-scripts i get the following error:

Code:

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so:
undefined symbol: PQserverVersion

i got a similar errror before when i was trying to use
prepared-statements, but now even the things that had been working fine
before the new installation (e.g. simple insert-queries using "do") wont run

if if try to access the database via webmin, i get the error:

Code:

select version() : Unknown DBI error

i have no clues or ideas what to do about this problem, should i have
removed the old driver 1.40 before installing the new?
what can i do to solve this?

any help would be really appreciated.......

Re: updating my pg-drivers crashed my system...

Дата:
Timo Roessner <timo.roessner@gmx.net> writes:
> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so:
> undefined symbol: PQserverVersion

It looks to me like the newer version of DBD::Pg requires a newer
version of libpq than you have installed.  Now you say that you
have "Postgres 8" installed so you ought to be okay ... but somewhere
on your system there must be an older copy of libpq.so that does not
have that function.

You probably should fix this by changing your ldconfig search path
so that the newer libpq.so is found in preference to the older.

            regards, tom lane