Обсуждение: PREPARE statements

PREPARE statements

От
Andrei Reinus
Дата:
Hi,

I have few questions about PREPARE statements.
As starting a new project, I always try to find ways to 'do-it-right' and application is
all OLTP style system.

I have lots of queries like "SELECT name FROM client WHERE id = 1". Plain and simple PK index search.
To save parsing/rewriting/planning overhead I should use PREPARE statements, right?

Manual states that prepare statements are only stored in database session,
is there are way to be sure that statement exists or make it last over all sessions?

I cant PREPARE statments over and over again with every page request, right?

-- Andrei Reinus

Вложения

Re: PREPARE statements

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
On Apr 5, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Andrei Reinus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have few questions about PREPARE statements.
> As starting a new project, I always try to find ways to 'do-it-right'
> and application is
> all OLTP style system.
>
> I have lots of queries like "SELECT name FROM client WHERE id = 1".
> Plain and simple PK index search.
> To save parsing/rewriting/planning overhead I should use PREPARE
> statements, right?

I'm not an expert here, so listen for others to weigh in.  However, if
you are executing the prepared statement more than once per connection,
that is true....

> Manual states that prepare statements are only stored in database
> session,
> is there are way to be sure that statement exists or make it last over
> all sessions?

How about a stored procedure?

> I cant PREPARE statments over and over again with every page request,
> right?

Are you in a persistent environment where you can reuse the same
database connection?

Sean