Обсуждение: BatchMove with PostgreSQL

BatchMove with PostgreSQL

От
Márcio Vinícius
Дата:
Hi, i'm using delphi 7 with Zeos components to access PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows.

I need to import a delimited text file into a PostgreSQL table.

Like BatchMove.

May you help me and send me a sample ?

Thank's a lot.

Márcio Vinícius
VM Automação Ltda
Curitiba - PR
Cel. : 0 xx 41 9997 8697
Tel. : 0 xx 41 3018 4131
msn : silvamv@hotmail.com
skype : marcio_vmautomacao

Re: BatchMove with PostgreSQL

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:41:06PM -0300, Márcio Vinícius wrote:

> Hi, i'm using delphi 7 with Zeos components to access PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows.
>
> I need to import a delimited text file into a PostgreSQL table.
>
> Like BatchMove.

I don't know how to incorporate this into the other tools you're
using, but PostgreSQL has a COPY command for importing from and
exporting to files:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-copy.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: BatchMove with PostgreSQL

От
"M. Bastin"
Дата:
At 3:41 PM -0300 1/21/05, Márcio Vinícius wrote:
>Hi, i'm using delphi 7 with Zeos components to
>access PostgreSQL 8.0 for Windows.
>
>I need to import a delimited text file into a PostgreSQL table.

If you only need to do this once you can use a
frontend like Eduphant which has built in support
for COPY.

Marc