Обсуждение: genetic algorithms

genetic algorithms

От
"Cima"
Дата:
hi,

i read something about genetic algorithms in the postgres manual and im wondering if it can be used it in some way for data mining purposes.
any relevant info will be highly appreciated.

Ruel Cima.

Re: genetic algorithms

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
I'm not an expert, but I think the genetic algorithms are used in
regards to generating query plans, so I can't think that they apply in
any way to data mining.

Sean

On Jan 6, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Cima wrote:

> hi,
>
> i read something about genetic algorithms in the postgres manual and
> im wondering if it can be used it in some way for data mining
> purposes.
> any relevant info will be highly appreciated.
>
> Ruel Cima.

Re: genetic algorithms

От
"Predictor"
Дата:
"Cima" wrote:
> i read something about genetic algorithms in the postgres manual and
im wondering if it can be used it in some way for data mining purposes.
> any relevant info will be highly appreciated.

Genetic algorithms are optimizers- given an objective function, they
search for (near-) optimal sets of parameters.  See, for instance:

http://web.njit.edu/~cct3/B601/genetic%20algorithm.pdf
http://cs.felk.cvut.cz/~xobitko/ga/
http://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/people/p.j.fleming/ifac/ga.pdf
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~genitor/MiscPubs/tutorial.pdf

Genetic algorithms can be and are used in data mining.  See, for
example:

http://www.lcc.uma.es/~eva/WASWBE/romero.pdf
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/aaf/pub_papers.dir/Info-Sci-J-2003.pdf
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/aaf/pub_papers.dir/Applied-Soft-Comp.pdf