Обсуждение: cleaning up template1

cleaning up template1

От
Akbar
Дата:
I remember when I first play with postgresql, I play with template1
directly not created first the database ( then play with it ). So I just
want to know is there any way to cleaning up the template1?

Regards,

Akbar

Re: cleaning up template1

Akbar wrote:
> I remember when I first play with postgresql, I play with template1
> directly not created first the database ( then play with it ). So I just
> want to know is there any way to cleaning up the template1?

You can look for non-system objects stored in template1 and delete them,
or you can use pg_dump and it will show the changes made to template1 in
the dump.

Re: cleaning up template1

Akbar wrote:
> I remember when I first play with postgresql, I play with template1
> directly not created first the database ( then play with it ). So I just
> want to know is there any way to cleaning up the template1?

Sorry, correction:

> You can look for non-system objects stored in template1 and delete them,
> or you can use pg_dumpall and it will show the changes made to template1 in
                 ----------
> the dump.

Re: cleaning up template1

От
Steven Klassen
Дата:
# I remember when I first play with postgresql, I play with template1
# directly not created first the database ( then play with it ). So I
# just want to know is there any way to cleaning up the template1?

This should do the trick.

xinu=# update pg_database set datistemplate = false where datname ='template1';
UPDATE 1
xinu=# drop database template1;
DROP DATABASE
xinu=# create database template1 with template = template0;
CREATE DATABASE
xinu=# update pg_database set datistemplate = true where datname ='template1';
UPDATE 1

--
Steven Klassen - Lead Programmer
PostgreSQL Replication & Support Services, (503) 667-4564