Обсуждение: error during vacuum

error during vacuum

От
Michael Guerin
INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_type"
INFO:  "pg_type": 5731 pages, 265 rows sampled, 265 estimated total rows
INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_attribute"
ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in "pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index"

I get this error when I run Vacuum verbose analyze, any ideas?  I
recently re-created a number of tables and indexes b/c we needed to
change to bigints.

Thanks
Michael

Re: error during vacuum

Дата:
Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
> ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in "pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index"

Oh?  What PG version is this exactly?

Your best bet is probably to REINDEX pg_attribute, but it would be wise
to try to understand what happened before you wipe out the evidence...

            regards, tom lane

Re: error during vacuum

От
Michael Guerin
Tom Lane wrote:

>Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
>

>>ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in "pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index"
>>

>Oh?  What PG version is this exactly?
>
>Your best bet is probably to REINDEX pg_attribute, but it would be wise
>to try to understand what happened before you wipe out the evidence...
>
>            regards, tom lane

7.4.1  , where should I look for some hints on what went wrong?  I'll
search the logs for anything meaningful, should I look elsewhere?

thanks
michael