Обсуждение: Access Privileges

Access Privileges

От
David Rickard
Дата:

--

David Rickard
Software Engineer
The GTS Companies
A TechBooks Company

The GTS Companies:
GTS Publishing Services, GTS Graphics, GTS Innova:
Your Single-Source Solution!
Los Angeles CA  *  York, PA  *  Boston MA  *  New Delhi, India

David.Rickard@GTSCompanies.com
Visit us on the World Wide Web
http://www.gtscompanies.com
5650 Jillson St., Los Angeles, CA 90040
(323) 888-8889 x331
(323) 888-1849 [fax]

Re: Access Privileges

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:15:47 -0700,
  David Rickard <David.Rickard@GTScompanies.com> wrote:
> Is there any shorthand for granting access privileges (select etc) to all
> of the tables/views in a database or schema en masse? I have attempted
> "grant select on <schema>.* to <user>" and get "ERROR:  Relation
> "<schema>"."*" does not exist" as a result;

No. You can write a script to get a list of tables (and whatever other
objects you want) and then issue a grant statement for each table.