Обсуждение: Connection String in ASP.NET application

Connection String in ASP.NET application

От
"Roslyn Teo"

Can anyone kindly enlighten me on how to write a connection string from an ASP.NET application to PostgreSQL db without the use of Npgsql or other data providers?

Roslyn

Re: Connection String in ASP.NET application

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 07:16, Roslyn Teo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone kindly enlighten me on how to write a connection string from
> an ASP.NET application to PostgreSQL db without the use of Npgsql or
> other data providers?
>
> Roslyn

Well, my .net knowledge is pretty lite, but as i understand it I believe
you have to use some type of data provider; I'd suggest starting with
the standard ODBC data provider as that one works with postgresql.

Robert Treat

Re: Connection String in ASP.NET application

От
wireless200@yahoo.com (wireless)
Дата:
roslyn@crimsonworks.com.sg ("Roslyn Teo") wrote in message news:<002901c37b7a$e100abd0$5201a8c0@rospc>...

> Can anyone kindly enlighten me on how to write a connection string from
> an ASP.NET application to PostgreSQL db without the use of Npgsql or
> other data providers?

You can use odbc but I use npgsql:

using Npgsql;

String connstring = "Server=xx.xx.xx.xx;Port=5432;User
id=user;Password=password;Database=dbname";

NpgsqlConnection conn = new NpgsqlConnection(connstring);

conn.Open();

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds,"mydataset");
conn.Close();

You can do all the .net stuff with npgsql.  They've done a good job
with it.

Just download the npgsql.dll and add it to your web bin directory and
add a reference in your project.

If you want to use odbc just do some searches on google.  There a few
how to articles but it's more complicated than npgsql.

-David