Обсуждение: Problem with psql interface

Problem with psql interface

От
"Grant Rhodes"
Дата:
It used to be that when I used psql I could press the up arrow on my keyboard, and get the last line typed.  Now when I
pressthe up arrow, the cursor moves up to the previous line showing on the screen. Does anyone know how I can correct
this? The problem has started since I installed the progrma on a fresh install of Caldera Openlinux 3.2.1.  I do not
believeI did anything different on installation.

Thanks,

GTJ

Re: Problem with psql interface

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 13:28, Grant Rhodes wrote:
> It used to be that when I used psql I could press the up arrow on
> my keyboard, and get the last line typed.  Now when I press the
> up arrow, the cursor moves up to the previous line showing on the
> screen. Does anyone know how I can correct this?  The problem
> has started since I installed the progrma on a fresh install
> of Caldera Openlinux 3.2.1.  I do not believe I did anything
> different on installation.

Sounds like readline wasn't linked in.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| 4 degrees from Vladimir Putin

Re: Problem with psql interface

От
"Grant Rhodes"
Дата:
Hmm...  It is there....
$ ls -1 /usr/lib/libread*
/usr/lib/libreadline.a
/usr/lib/libreadline.so
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1

$ ls -1 /usr/include/readline
chardefs.h
history.h
keymaps.h
readline.h
rlconf.h
rlstdc.h
tilde.h

but ./configure (even with a --with-readline) still gives
<snip>
checking for readline... no
</snip>

Maybe my assumption that readline 4.1 works with postgresql-7.2 is incorrect.

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 13:28, Grant Rhodes wrote:
> It used to be that when I used psql I could press the up arrow on
> my keyboard, and get the last line typed.  Now when I press the
> up arrow, the cursor moves up to the previous line showing on the
> screen. Does anyone know how I can correct this?  The problem
> has started since I installed the progrma on a fresh install
> of Caldera Openlinux 3.2.1.  I do not believe I did anything
> different on installation.

Sounds like readline wasn't linked in.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| 4 degrees from Vladimir Putin

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Problem with psql interface

Дата:
"Grant Rhodes" <grhodes@networkroads.com> writes:
> but ./configure (even with a --with-readline) still gives
> <snip>
> checking for readline... no
> </snip>
> Maybe my assumption that readline 4.1 works with postgresql-7.2 is incorrect.

AFAIK it should work.  Could you look into the section of config.log
where this check occurs, and find out exactly why it's failing?  You may
need to try the test program by hand to see the error message(s).

            regards, tom lane