Обсуждение: changing ownership of db

changing ownership of db

От
Mark Nelson
Дата:
One of our databases was created with a user that we no longer
want to use. I cannot drop the user because it owns one of the
dbs and some other objects.

Is there a way to change ownership, or REVOKE all of the owners
privileges and give them to another user, so I can drop that
user?

/mark

Re: changing ownership of db

Дата:
Mark Nelson <MCN@cc.usu.edu> writes:
> One of our databases was created with a user that we no longer
> want to use. I cannot drop the user because it owns one of the
> dbs and some other objects.
> Is there a way to change ownership, or REVOKE all of the owners
> privileges and give them to another user, so I can drop that
> user?

Not very easily.  You could just rename the username to something
you do want to keep using (a quick UPDATE on pg_shadow would work
for that).

            regards, tom lane