Обсуждение: Probably a stupid question

Probably a stupid question

От
"Giorgio Ponza"
Дата:
Hi all, and tx for all the help you give to the community
I have a question, really stupid, but i'd like to understand the postgres
behavior.
I installed dbmirror, and there is a file script creating a table, something
like this:
CREATE TABLE "MirrorHosts" ..... etc etc

Ok, no prob with the syntax (3 years i use postgreSQL), but when i use psql
i have this problems:
1) the command \d MirrorHosts doesn't work (table MirrorHost not found),
   i have to use \d "MirrorHosts"
2) when i do SELECT * FROM MirrorHosts;   (the same prob)
   i have to use "MirrorHosts"

I'd like to know if there is a way to bypass this problem.
Tx in advance and ..... PostgreSQL is really GREAT!

Giorgio Ponza

Re: Probably a stupid question

От
greg@turnstep.com
Дата:

Re: Probably a stupid question

От
Dani Oderbolz
Дата:
greg@turnstep.com wrote:

>If you have already created the "MirrorHosts" table and do not want to
>lose the data inside it, you could do this:
>
>CREATE TABLE mirrorhosts AS SELECT * FROM mirrorhosts;
>
>DROP TABLE mirrorhosts;

Shouldn't this be

?

Re: Probably a stupid question

От
greg@turnstep.com
Дата:

Re: Probably a stupid question

От
Nabil Sayegh
Дата:
Am Fre, 2003-06-27 um 15.29 schrieb Dani Oderbolz:
> greg@turnstep.com wrote:

> >If you have already created the "MirrorHosts" table and do not want to
> >lose the data inside it, you could do this:
> >
> >CREATE TABLE mirrorhosts AS SELECT * FROM mirrorhosts

ALTER TABLE products RENAME TO items;

At least with 7.3.2

HTH
--