Обсуждение: PGAccess failing....

PGAccess failing....

От
"Smitha V. Babu"
Дата:
hai to all,
i installed postgresql successfully..
i installed pgaccess also...
when i tried to create a new database using pgaccess..
it is giving the following error..
Tcl error executing pg-exec create database "name".
Is not a valid postgresql connection...
How to solve this problem..
Can anyone help me..
With regards
smitha

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or
addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.

Re: PGAccess failing....

От
brew@theMode.com
Дата:
Smitha......

> when i tried to create a new database using pgaccess..
> it is giving the following error..
> Tcl error executing pg-exec create database "name".
> Is not a valid postgresql connection...

Just guessing here, but this comes up from time to time.....

Check to see if pg_hba.conf is set up right to allow the kind of
connections you want.  Also if you are connecting via tcp-ip I think you
have to start postgresql with -i or something similiar.

Sorry I can't give you exact details........

Are you running pgaccess and the server on the same machine or different
manchines?  Can you run the psql monitor program on the machine that the
server is on and connect?

This will give you some things to check until somebody comes along who
knows more than me about pgaccess.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
     Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
                        http://www.TheMode.com