Обсуждение: locale support ?

locale support ?

От
root
Дата:
Hi !

I just configured and installed 7.3.3 with --enable-locale and did initdb with
-E LATIN1. Aim was to have names sorted correctly with scandinavian alphabet.
But still my ä's and ö's are within a's when listing and sorting by name like
there were no umlauts.

How to set this right ?

TIA,

--
Aarni Ruuhimäki

Re: locale support ?

Дата:
root <aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com> writes:
> I just configured and installed 7.3.3 with --enable-locale and did
> initdb with -E LATIN1. Aim was to have names sorted correctly with
> scandinavian alphabet.  But still my �'s and �'s are within a's
> when listing and sorting by name like there were no umlauts.

Sounds like you didn't have the right locale in force when you ran
initdb.  (You can use pg_controldata to verify the locale settings
that were stored by initdb.)

> How to set this right ?

re-initdb I'm afraid :-(

            regards, tom lane

Re: locale support ?

От
root
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks Tom, got it working ok now !

And for anyone else too, I used these switches:

With ./configure --enable-locale and with initdb --locale=fi_FI -E LATIN1 and
just to make sure all databases created with ENCODING = 'LATIN1'

BR,

aarni