Обсуждение: permission denied

permission denied

От
phil campaigne
Дата:
I'm using jdbc to connect tomcat to postgresql.  I a permission denied
when my application tries to acces the database files.
  "/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262"
I am trying to change the linux directory's permission, but to who?
    ...postgres
         ...the database user
1. Which one?
2. Do I set permissions using chown and chgrp?
3. Set permission for just 1262 or all in the global directory?

thanks,
Phil

Re: permission denied

Дата:
phil campaigne <pcampaigne@charter.net> writes:
> I'm using jdbc to connect tomcat to postgresql.  I a permission denied
> when my application tries to acces the database files.
>   "/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262"
> I am trying to change the linux directory's permission, but to who?
>     ...postgres
>          ...the database user

/usr/local/pgsql/data/ and everything under it must be owned by the
postgres user (ie, the one the postmaster runs as).  I'd bet that either
you ran initdb as the wrong user, or you've started the postmaster as
the wrong user.

            regards, tom lane