Обсуждение: pg_restore not working

pg_restore not working

От
"Patrick Hatcher"
Дата:
Howdy.

I did an export of a 7.1.3 database using the example pg_dump -Ft -b
mydatabase > file.tar.  I then tried to do a pg_restore on my 7.2.1
database but kept running into errors.  First off, the users were not
defined, so I tried -O but that didn't work.  It kept saying that the user
wasn't defined.  So I manually created the database and tried to do the
import and create only the schema.  However, I now run into the problem of
/usr/lib/plpgsql.so file not being found.  I was able to do a createlang,
so I know the file exists some place on my machine.  So how can I get
around this?  Can I edit the file in the file.tar file?  And if so, how?
I'm sorry, I'm not that Linux savvy.

TIA

Patrick Hatcher

Re: pg_restore not working

От
Ludwig Lim
Дата:
--- Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com> wrote:
 Howdy.

> It kept saying that the user wasn't defined.
- try the "createuser" command

  So I manually created the database
> and tried to do the
> import and create only the schema.  However, I now
> run into the problem of
> /usr/lib/plpgsql.so file not being found.
  In your linux command prompt type :
  whereis plpgsql.so
  this should return where your plpgsql.so is located
and you can copy the file to /usr/lib

> Can I edit the file in the file.tar
> file?  And if so, how?
  tar -xvzpf <filename of your tar file>
  After that you can edit the file produce by the
command above  since it is  text file containing SQL
statement. You might not want to do this if the
database is very large.

ludwig.