Обсуждение: Missing plperl.so

Missing plperl.so

От
John Burski
Дата:
I've run into a bit of a snag while attempting to run "createlang" for
plperl - the plperl.so file is not resident on my system (version 7.0.3
on Red Hat 6.1).  All of the PostgreSQL related software was installed
using RPMs.  Here's the results of running "rpm -qa | grep postgres":

postgresql-perl-7.0.3-2
postgresql-python-7.0.3-2
postgresql-tcl-7.0.3-2
postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2
postgresql-devel-7.0.3-2
postgresql-odbc-7.0.3-2
postgresql-tk-7.0.3-2
postgresql-7.0.3-2
postgresql-server-7.0.3-2
postgresql-test-7.0.3-2

I've run a "rpm -ql" command for all the listed packages, but the file
in question isn't shown in any of them.  Where might I find the
plperl.so file if it's not in any of the RPMs?

Thanks.

OH, BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

--
John Burski
I.T. Manager and Systems Administration

800-863-6911, extension 221
FAX: 800-863-2991
www.911ep.com

Re: Missing plperl.so

От
"J. Goodleaf"
Дата:
 --Grain o' Salt Necessary: Relative Newbie--

I had thought, though I haven't tried it, that you need to compile perl as a
"shared perl" before you could get the perl postgresql interface to work...
 -J

John Burski writes:

> I've run into a bit of a snag while attempting to run "createlang" for
> plperl - the plperl.so file is not resident on my system (version 7.0.3 on
> Red Hat 6.1).  All of the PostgreSQL related software was installed using
> RPMs.  Here's the results of running "rpm -qa | grep postgres":
>
> postgresql-perl-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-python-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-tcl-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-devel-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-odbc-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-tk-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-server-7.0.3-2
> postgresql-test-7.0.3-2
>
> I've run a "rpm -ql" command for all the listed packages, but the file in
> question isn't shown in any of them.  Where might I find the plperl.so
> file if it's not in any of the RPMs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> OH, BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!
>
> --
> John Burski
> I.T. Manager and Systems Administration
> 911 Emergency Products, Inc.
> 25 Sixth Avenue North
> Saint Cloud, MN  56303
> John.Burski@911ep.com
>
> 800-863-6911, extension 221
> FAX: 800-863-2991
> www.911ep.com

=====================
J. Goodleaf
john@goodleaf.net
goodleaj@immunex.com

Re: Missing plperl.so

Дата:
>> I've run a "rpm -ql" command for all the listed packages, but the file in
>> question isn't shown in any of them.  Where might I find the plperl.so
>> file if it's not in any of the RPMs?

plperl was brand new in 7.0; I wouldn't be surprised if the RPMs didn't
attempt to build it in that release.  I'd suggest updating to 7.1
(on quite a number of grounds besides this one ;-)).

            regards, tom lane