Обсуждение: ultra-newbie question (new to list and postgresql)...

ultra-newbie question (new to list and postgresql)...

От
Adrian Stovall
Дата:
Hi all, I have what is likely a very simple question that I couldn't find
after running through the online docs or using \h in psql.  I just started
playing with postgresql yesterday and I can't seem to find out how to view a
list of all the tables in a database.  That's all I need to know right now.

TIA

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."
          -Finagle's Law

"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can
result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."
          -Edward A. Murphy, Jr.

"Murphy Was an optomist"
           -O'Toole's commentary on Murpy's Law

Adrian M. Stovall
Senior Systems Engineer
PFK Business Systems, Inc.
adrians@pfk.com

Re: ultra-newbie question (new to list and postgresql)...

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Adrian  Stovall wrote:

> Hi all, I have what is likely a very simple question that I couldn't find
> after running through the online docs or using \h in psql.  I just started
> playing with postgresql yesterday and I can't seem to find out how to view a
> list of all the tables in a database.  That's all I need to know right now.

If you are using psql, \d will list all tables.  To get a list of all of
the commands available in psql (not SQL syntax), use \?.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
polygon:
    Dead parrot.

Re: ultra-newbie question (new to list and postgresql)...

От
Einar Karttunen
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:05:33AM -0600, Adrian Stovall wrote:
> Hi all, I have what is likely a very simple question that I couldn't find
> after running through the online docs or using \h in psql.  I just started
> playing with postgresql yesterday and I can't seem to find out how to view a
> list of all the tables in a database.  That's all I need to know right now.

\h lists help for the sql commands. Try \? to get help on psql-builtin
commands. These are btw. implemented using sql, to see what psql
really does use psql -E. To list all tables use \dt.

- Einar Karttunen