Обсуждение: List of data bases

List of data bases

От
"Chr. Rossmanith"
Дата:
Hi,

is there a way to list all data bases I've created so far?

Christina Rossmanith

Re: List of data bases

От
David Link
Дата:
> is there a way to list all data bases I've created so far?

One way is to list out the subdirectories under $PGDATA/base

$ cd $PGDATA/base
$ ls

There should be a subdirectory per database if you haven't used
alternate PGDATA areas.

Re: List of data bases

От
"Duncan Adams (DNS)"
Дата:
select * from pg_database

you can see a list of system tables with \dS

or look in

/usr/local/pgsql/data/base>

but then I'm still a novice

is there a way to list all data bases I've created so far?

Christina Rossmanith

Re: List of data bases

От
Jim Caley
Дата:
In psql you can use "\l", like this:
    template1=# \l

Jim

"Chr. Rossmanith" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to list all data bases I've created so far?
>
> Christina Rossmanith

Re: List of data bases

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, David Link wrote:

> One way is to list out the subdirectories under $PGDATA/base
>
> $ cd $PGDATA/base
> $ ls
>
> There should be a subdirectory per database if you haven't used
> alternate PGDATA areas.

A better way is to use psql -l on the command line or \l in an interactive
session.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Now is the time for drinking; now the time to beat the earth with
unfettered foot.
        -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)

Re: List of data bases

От
Francisco Solari
Дата:
Another way is to enter psql  and execute \l

David Link wrote:

> > is there a way to list all data bases I've created so far?
> >

> One way is to list out the subdirectories under $PGDATA/base
>
> $ cd $PGDATA/base
> $ ls
>
> There should be a subdirectory per database if you haven't used
> alternate PGDATA areas.

Re: List of data bases

От
Vijay Deval
Дата:
Hi

While connected to any database, if you type \l, it should give list of
all the databases that you created. \dt will list tables

All the documents cautions strongly against using postgres as root. So I
discounted the possiblity of # as root prompt.

Vijay