Обсуждение: connect to MS SQL server

connect to MS SQL server

От
"dhninh"
Дата:
Hi !
Sorry for my English!

I'm a beginner Linux and PostgreSQL, so I haven't much experience.
I'm using Redhat Linux 7.0

Now I want to use Postgres as frontend to connect to MS SQL server on a Windows machine . Is it possible ?
If you know , please guide me.

Many thanks in advance

Re: connect to MS SQL server

От
"ADBAAMD"
dhninh wrote:

> Now I want to use Postgres as frontend to connect to MS SQL server on a
> Windows machine . Is it possible ?

    I don't think so.   pgsql still doesn't have distributed capabilities
AFAIK, neither is it an ODBC client - just an ODBC server.

    Now perhaps if MS SQL Server can act as an ODBC client you may be able to
use it as a front end to pgsql.  This sounds more interesting, since
inherently GNU/Linux and pgsql are far more reliable and simple than NT
and MS SQL Server.

    Other option would be to have an ODBC client able to access *both* pgsql
and MS SQL ODBC servers.

--
  _
/ \   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra         +55 (11) 3040 8913