Обсуждение: Problems accessing TCL functions

Problems accessing TCL functions

От
Colby Meyer
Дата:
Running Red Hat 7.0,
Have installed the following all from rpms
postgresql-devel-7.0.2-17
postgresql-python-7.0.2-17
postgresql-7.0.2-17
postgresql-jdbc-7.0.2-17
postgresql-perl-7.0.2-17
postgresql-server-7.0.2-17
postgresql-tk-7.0.2-17
postgresql-odbc-7.0.2-17
postgresql-tcl-7.0.2-17

When I attempt to connect to database with pg_connect, the command is
not recognized...
I'm pretty sure I missed something but not sure what it was...

Anybody have any ideas???

Regards

Colby C. Meyer

Re: Problems accessing TCL functions

От
Pete Jewell
Дата:
Colby Meyer <cmeyer@hiscorp.net> writes:

> Running Red Hat 7.0,
> Have installed the following all from rpms
> postgresql-devel-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-python-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-jdbc-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-perl-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-server-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-tk-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-odbc-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-tcl-7.0.2-17
>
> When I attempt to connect to database with pg_connect, the command is
> not recognized...

What about psql?  When you say the command is not recognised, do you
mean that bash complains that it can't find it?

You may want to upgrade to 7.0.3 via RPMS from the postgresql web site
- although we're quite happily running 7.1 here.

--
Pete Jewell
Example Systems Ltd.

Re: Problems accessing TCL functions

От
Vijay Deval
Дата:
Dear Colby

Have you created Postgres super user and installed Postgres as that
user?

Some members on the list had problems with installation by RPM route. By
manual route it worked.
Have you done initdb?

Vijay

Colby Meyer wrote:

> Running Red Hat 7.0,
> Have installed the following all from rpms
> postgresql-devel-7.0.2-17
>

> When I attempt to connect to database with pg_connect, the command is
> not recognized...
>
> Regards
>
> Colby C. Meyer

Re: Problems accessing TCL functions

От
Chris Smith
Дата:
Is pg_connect a TCL function? (I have no idea!) I know its a PHP function....
If you're trying to get it going with PHP, you need to recompile PHP to
enable pgsql support......
If you really are trying TCL, NFI as the saying goes :)

> Running Red Hat 7.0,
> Have installed the following all from rpms
> postgresql-devel-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-python-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-jdbc-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-perl-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-server-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-tk-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-odbc-7.0.2-17
> postgresql-tcl-7.0.2-17
>
> When I attempt to connect to database with pg_connect, the command is
> not recognized...
> I'm pretty sure I missed something but not sure what it was...
>
> Anybody have any ideas???
>
> Regards
>
> Colby C. Meyer

     Chris Smith