Обсуждение: outer join not supported?

outer join not supported?

От
Eugene Lee
Дата:
Hi, I'm trying to do a LEFT JOIN and I'm getting an error telling me
that it's not supported.  The log looks something like this:

    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: StartTransactionCommand
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: query: SELECT t1.a1, t2.b
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: ^IFROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: ^ION t1.a1 = t2.a2
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: ^IORDER BY t1.a1
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: ERROR:  OUTER JOIN is not yet supported
    Mar  1 16:36:25 mars logger: AbortCurrentTransaction

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.3.  There's nothing in the release docs
saying that there's no outer join support, so I'm wondering if I need
to reconfigure or recompile something.  Thanks in advance!

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net

Re: outer join not supported?

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:14:41PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to do a LEFT JOIN and I'm getting an error telling me
> that it's not supported.  The log looks something like this:
[...]
> I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.3.  There's nothing in the release docs
> saying that there's no outer join support, so I'm wondering if I need
> to reconfigure or recompile something.  Thanks in advance!

It's supported in 7.1, or you can check the FAQ for a workaround.

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

Vegetarians do not love animals... they hate plants.

Re: outer join not supported?

От
Eugene Lee
Дата:
: > Hi, I'm trying to do a LEFT JOIN and I'm getting an error telling me
: > that it's not supported.  The log looks something like this:
: [...]
: > I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.3.  There's nothing in the release docs
: > saying that there's no outer join support, so I'm wondering if I need
: > to reconfigure or recompile something.  Thanks in advance!
:
: It's supported in 7.1, or you can check the FAQ for a workaround.

Ahhh, thanks for the quick response.  It looks like 7.1 is still in
development.  And I'm just surprised that outer join support has been
included in PostgreSQL until now!  From my old database classes many
years ago, outer joins were treated as a standard part of SQL.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net