Обсуждение:

Johnathon Smith
Дата:
I am installing postgresql 7.0.3 and am getting this error.

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create ex
ecutables

I have seen that a lot of people are getting this error, but I don't see a
fix.  Can someone help me

Re: C++ problem

Дата:
Johnathon Smith <jsmith@buscar.com> writes:
> I am installing postgresql 7.0.3 and am getting this error.
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
> cannot create executables

Easiest answer is to "configure --without-CXX" to suppress building of
the C++ interface library.  (I assume you don't use C++, else you'd
have noticed that your C++ compiler has a problem ...)

            regards, tom lane

Re:

От
Rasputin
Дата:
* Johnathon Smith <jsmith@buscar.com> [010118 14:18]:
> I am installing postgresql 7.0.3 and am getting this error.
>
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> I have seen that a lot of people are getting this error, but I don't see a
> fix.  Can someone help me

OK, what platform are you on?

And there would have been another error before this one;

possibly 'as86: file not found' or something like that.

--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns