Обсуждение: pattern matching

pattern matching

От
"Alan Nilsson"
Дата:
I am trying to search for text(varchar) using the ILIKE operator, however I always get a parser error.  Similarly the ~~* operator does not work. (actually, doesn't exist)

Can anyone tell me whether this feature is implemented yet or not.

If not, is there an easy way to perform case-insensitive 'LIKE' search's?
Alan Nilsson
anilsson@apple.com
How hard can it be?

Re: pattern matching

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Alan Nilsson wrote:

> I am trying to search for text(varchar) using the ILIKE operator,
> however I always get a parser error.  Similarly the ~~* operator does
> not work. (actually, doesn't exist)

The case-insensitive regexp operator is ~*, and it does work in
PostgreSQL.  There is no ~~* or ILIKE, but you can do LIKE UPPER('*text*')
to achieve the same thing.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
According to my best recollection, I don't remember.
        -- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo

Re: pattern matching

Дата:
"Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net> writes:
> The case-insensitive regexp operator is ~*, and it does work in
> PostgreSQL.  There is no ~~* or ILIKE,

Both are new for 7.1, I believe.

> but you can do LIKE UPPER('*text*')
> to achieve the same thing.

Good workaround for older versions.

Alan appears to have been reading the development docs rather than
the release-version docs ...

            regards, tom lane