Обсуждение: Most efficient setup

Most efficient setup

От
Aarmel
Дата:
Which would be a more efficient setup.

What we are thinking of having is either :

database1 -> table1,  table2, table3

database2 -> table1, table2, table3

database3 -> table1, table2, table3.

OR

database ->   database1table1, database1table2, database3table1   etc.

which is the better setup for load balancing, speed wise etc.

Also we need to be able to search all the tables acrosss all the databases.

Re: Most efficient setup

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 06:26:08PM +1100, Aarmel wrote:
> [...]
> database1 -> table1,  table2, table3
>
> database2 -> table1, table2, table3
>
> database3 -> table1, table2, table3.
>
> OR
>
> database ->   database1table1, database1table2, database3table1   etc.
> [...]
> Also we need to be able to search all the tables acrosss all the databases.

Since Postgres doesn't currently support queries over multiple
databases, the best choice would probably be putting all the tables
in a single database. And I'd be inclined to choose that design just
for simplicities sake anyway.

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.
        -- John Kenneth Galbraith