Обсуждение: problem connecting with libpq++ interface

problem connecting with libpq++ interface

От
"Deniz Hastorun"
Дата:
Hi everybody,

I have a really strange problem . I'm trying to connect to PostgreSQL db
from witin my C++  program and using the libpq++ interface functions . But
strangely it won't connect and I'm receiving the following error message

connection to db failed.
 Error returned:ERROR: PQconnectdb() - Missing '=' after 'template1' in
conninfo

.here's my code
PGconn *conn1;
const char * dbname="template1";
PgDatabase data(dbname);
    conn1=PQconnectdb(dbname);
    if (data.ConnectionBad())
    {
        cerr<<" connection to db failed."<< endl
            <<" Error returned:" <<  data.ErrorMessage() << endl;
        exit(1);
    }

any idea would be appreciated. thanks in advance!
deniz

Re: problem connecting with libpq++ interface

Дата:
"Deniz Hastorun" <denizh@itu.edu.tr> writes:
>  Error returned:ERROR: PQconnectdb() - Missing '=' after 'template1' in
> conninfo

PQconnectdb doesn't take a simple database name as argument; it takes
a string containing keyword=value pairs.  The correct argument would
be something like "dbname=template1".  See
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/libpq-chapter.htm#AEN22236

If you see anyplace in current documentation that indicates differently,
that's a documentation error --- please let us know about it!

            regards, tom lane