Обсуждение: pgAccess, pgAdmin won't work in win95

pgAccess, pgAdmin won't work in win95

От
Simeon Veldstra
Дата:
Hi list,
 I installed postgres 7.0.2  friday on a linux box
running mandrake v6.0. I configured --with-tcl,
--with-odbc, --with-x. It compiled with no problems.
PGAccess works fine on the linux box but I can't get
it running on my win95 box. PGAdmin won't work either.

The sick thing is I can get MS Query to SQL stuff into
Excel.

PGAdmin gives the error:
Error: 3706, Provider cannot be found. It may not be
properly installed.
Function: frmODBCLogon, cmdOK_Click

PGAccess chokes out:
Error trying to connect to database 'testdb' on host
192.168.0.7
PostgreSQL error message:Connection to database failed

connectDBStart() -- unknown hostname: 192.168.0.7
"

I can telnet and ping the linux box.
I can use MS Query to access the db
I invoked the Postmaster using 'pg-ctl -o -i start'
pgaccess works fine on the linux box

I couldn't find a copy of libpq.dll coresponding to
the 7.0.2 release
The libpq.dll I found claims version 7,0,0,0

Any help would be appreciated
thanks,
Simeon Veldstra

Presenting PGAccess Pages to the WWW.

От
"David Lloyd-Jones"
Дата:
I need to present the contents of a Postgresql database (the results of
SELECT and other commands) to a Web Browser page as presented by AOLserver.

Last night I made a number of good forms with your gerat software, but at
the end of it all they seemed to be in the form of tables within a database.
My question is: where are these to be found in the form of .tcl files?

If they exist as .tcl files, can I then export them as data, to be included
in .adp or .asp (like .html) browser pages?

                                                 * * *

If this is not possible, what is the best format for presenting the results
of SQL queries to the WWW?

                                                                    -dlj.

Editing Input Errors in PSQL

От
"David Lloyd-Jones"
Дата:
So I'm bopping along writing my handy dandy mailing list db in psql talking
to Postgresql, and the z key on my keyboard is sticky when I get to "zip,"
and it comes out "ip."

Right now I'm \r'ing the buffer and then rewriting with my history key.

Is there a better way of editing an already written Postgresql database?
Where ae the files as text, under Windows, and under Linux? And what's the
best way of editing them?

And what's the best tutorial for learning this?

                                         TIA,

                                              -dlj.

Re: Presenting PGAccess Pages to the WWW.

От
Jacques Williams
Дата:
David,

If you haven't already, take a look at OpenACS (http://www.openacs.org).

Basically, the way you do this is to load the Postgresql driver for AOLserver,
and use the ns_db commands to connect to the database. Even if you don't want to use the OpenACS package (it's quite
large,and may be more than you need), there is a file of utility tcl functions which will make coding this a lot
easier.

For example, if I want to do a SELECT query and load it into a <ul> on a web page, I could do it something like this:

set db [ns_db gethandle]
set my_query "select field1, field2 from my_table"
set return_string "<ul>\n"
set selection [ns_db select $db $my_query]
while { [ns_db getrow $db $selection] } {
    set_variables_after_query
    append return_string "<li>$field1, $field2\n"
}

HTH,

Jacques Williams

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 08:03:52PM -0400, David Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> I need to present the contents of a Postgresql database (the results of
> SELECT and other commands) to a Web Browser page as presented by AOLserver.
>
> Last night I made a number of good forms with your gerat software, but at
> the end of it all they seemed to be in the form of tables within a database.
> My question is: where are these to be found in the form of .tcl files?
>
> If they exist as .tcl files, can I then export them as data, to be included
> in .adp or .asp (like .html) browser pages?
>
>                                                  * * *
>
> If this is not possible, what is the best format for presenting the results
> of SQL queries to the WWW?
>
>                                                                     -dlj.

Anybody Doing AOLserver With PostgreSQL?

От
"David Lloyd-Jones"
Дата:
Jan, and Stef,

Please give me a call Friday evening, or any time on the weekend. I'm
416-604-9495.

Leave a message on the machine if I'm on line, and  I'll get back to you
ASAP.

                                      Cheers,

                                               -dlj.