Обсуждение: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...

SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...

От
"Paul Fontenot"
Дата:
In MySQL you could issue a command:

describe my_table_name;

and it would come back with the columns, and their descriptions. What is the
equivalent command in postgresql? I have looked everywhere and am probly
just overlooking it by now.

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...

От
"D. Duccini"
Дата:
\d tablename

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Paul Fontenot wrote:

> In MySQL you could issue a command:
>
> describe my_table_name;
>
> and it would come back with the columns, and their descriptions. What is the
> equivalent command in postgresql? I have looked everywhere and am probly
> just overlooking it by now.
>
> Thanks,
>     Paul

david@backpack.com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
+1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
+1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"

Re: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...

От
"Anthony E. Greene"
Дата:
At 16:22 2000-06-13 -0700, Paul Fontenot wrote:
>In MySQL you could issue a command:
>
>describe my_table_name;
>
>and it would come back with the columns, and their descriptions. What is the
>equivalent command in postgresql? I have looked everywhere and am probly
>just overlooking it by now.

pg_dump -s dbname > dbname.schema

 Tony
 --
 Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com>
 PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D

Re: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...

От
"Karl F. Larsen"
Дата:
In psql you show all tables with \d and you display a tables content with
the SQL call: SELECT * from <table name>;

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Paul Fontenot wrote:

> In MySQL you could issue a command:
>
> describe my_table_name;
>
> and it would come back with the columns, and their descriptions. What is the
> equivalent command in postgresql? I have looked everywhere and am probly
> just overlooking it by now.
>
> Thanks,
>     Paul

Yours Truly,