Обсуждение: Bulk-copy?

Bulk-copy?

От
Thomas Weholt
Дата:
Hi,

I need to insert about 2000-10000 records into a database. I`m using Python
to do this. Is there a way to use some form of bulk copy that will do this
faster than plain-old insert for each and every record?

Thomas

Re: Bulk-copy?

От
Alfred Perlstein
Дата:
* Thomas Weholt <Thomas@cintra.no> [000602 01:45] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to insert about 2000-10000 records into a database. I`m using Python
> to do this. Is there a way to use some form of bulk copy that will do this
> faster than plain-old insert for each and every record?

I don't know if there's python bindings for it, but you may want to look
to at the COPY stuff in the manuals, it's helped me quite a bit.