Обсуждение: support for Unix Domain socket

support for Unix Domain socket

От
Raj Gandhi
Дата:
Hi All,

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Interestingly enough the docs didn't get put up, but you can look here https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/pull/17/files

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Raj Gandhi
Дата:
Thanks for the quick response.

Any recommendation of which custom socket factory to use for Unix domain socket?
A quick search showed me "junixsocket"  https://code.google.com/archive/p/junixsocket

Thanks,
Raj

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
No idea. Perhaps the author of the PR can help you.

Any recommendation of which custom socket factory to use for Unix domain socket?
A quick search showed me "junixsocket"  https://code.google.com/archive/p/junixsocket

Thanks,
Raj

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Interestingly enough the docs didn't get put up, but you can look here https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/pull/17/files

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Raj Gandhi
Дата:
Thanks for the quick response.

Any recommendation of which custom socket factory to use for Unix domain socket?
A quick search showed me "junixsocket"  https://code.google.com/archive/p/junixsocket

Thanks,
Raj

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
No idea. Perhaps the author of the PR can help you.

Any recommendation of which custom socket factory to use for Unix domain socket?
A quick search showed me "junixsocket"  https://code.google.com/archive/p/junixsocket

Thanks,
Raj

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От
Lachezar Dobrev
Дата:
  Looking at the code it seems that this function is primarily targeted towards specifying alternate SSL socket implementation, rather than UNIX sockets. There are a number of socket factories in the PostgreSQL driver:
  * org.postgresql.ssl.jdbc4.LibPQFactory
  * org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
  * org.postgresql.ssl.SingleCertValidatingFactory
  and even an abstract base class:
  * org.postgresql.ssl.DbKeyStoreSocketFactory

  The Java Socket infrastructure is quite tied up to AF_INET and seems it is infeasible that UNIX Sockets will be supported via a SocketFactory.

Hi All,

The change log for Postgres jdbc version 9.4-1208 shows that some support was added for unix domain socket

  • feat: ability to customize socket factory (e.g. for unix domain sockets) PR#457 dc1844c

Could someone tell me how to configure JDBC connection to use unix domain socket?
I'm planning to use it with Postgres server version 9.3.8 on Suse.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: support for Unix Domain socket

От