Обсуждение: Release schedule

Release schedule

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
Hi,

What is the release schedule for pgjdbc?

I mainly have the following questions:
1) When is the expected release date? What is the procedure?
2) Will it be possible to include "support binary transfer for
java.sql.Struct / java.sql.Array" patch if PR appears in the next week
or two?

Vladimir Sitnikov

Re: Release schedule

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vladimir,

there is no "schedule" I wanted to get a release out before this week as I am taking time off this week and next. I'll be around just taking extra long weekends. That being said:

Lets shoot for the beginning of August which allows you enough time to get the two patches you mentioned in.

The procedure is relatively manual. The code in github gets tagged and we publish jars on the site and maven.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

What is the release schedule for pgjdbc?

I mainly have the following questions:
1) When is the expected release date? What is the procedure?
2) Will it be possible to include "support binary transfer for
java.sql.Struct / java.sql.Array" patch if PR appears in the next week
or two?

Vladimir Sitnikov

Re: Release schedule

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
Dave,

I'm not ready with the binary coding for structs yet. I do not want to
hold the train.

Can you please start a release procedure?

Vladimir

Re: Release schedule

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vladimir,

Thanks for letting me know. This is a short week for me so it won't be until next week.

In the meantime if someone wants to volunteer to compile the release notes that would be helpful

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

I'm not ready with the binary coding for structs yet. I do not want to
hold the train.

Can you please start a release procedure?

Vladimir

Re: Release schedule

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
Dave, is there an existing script/command that creates draft changelog?
What should the output format be?

Vladimir

Re: Release schedule

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vladimir,

No there is not, I usually just hand edit the output of git log