Обсуждение: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
"Mike Fowler"
Дата:
The PG-JDBC buildfarm member
(http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?member=piapiac) has
been failing to build for JDK 5 for the last 18 days. I've attached a
patch that corrects the tests that have been added that used methods
introduced in JDK 6. Apologies for not noticing the issue sooner - I
really ought to but some sort of alerting in place!

Kind regards,
--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

Вложения

Re: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Hey Mike,

Thanks for this.

With java 1.5 eol quite a while ago I am wondering if we shouldn't stop writing code for it ?

Thoughts ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

been failing to build for JDK 5 for the last 18 days. I've attached a
patch that corrects the tests that have been added that used methods
introduced in JDK 6. Apologies for not noticing the issue sooner - I
really ought to but some sort of alerting in place!

Kind regards,
--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

Re: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
Stephen Nelson
Дата:
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> With java 1.5 eol quite a while ago I am wondering if we shouldn't stop
> writing code for it ?
>
> Thoughts ?

Unless any organisation requires Java 5 support I'd tend to agree that
new code shouldn't support it. What's the driver policy on supporting
Java versions given that 8 is now out?

Re: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I'm of the opinion that we backpatch any bugs below 1.7

new code works with 1.7 and up

On 16 May 2014 07:29, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> With java 1.5 eol quite a while ago I am wondering if we shouldn't stop
> writing code for it ?
>
> Thoughts ?

Unless any organisation requires Java 5 support I'd tend to agree that
new code shouldn't support it. What's the driver policy on supporting
Java versions given that 8 is now out?

Re: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
Glenn Holmer
Дата:
On 05/16/2014 07:22 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that we backpatch any bugs below 1.7
>
> new code works with 1.7 and up
>
> thoughts ?

+1

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: Buildfarm test failures on JDK 5

От
"Mike Fowler"
Дата:
On Fri, May 16, 2014 2:16 pm, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 07:22 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> I'm of the opinion that we backpatch any bugs below 1.7
>>

>> new code works with 1.7 and up
>>
>> thoughts ?
>
> +1

+1

I've switched off JDK 5 from my build farm so it should start reporting
green with the next builds. Someone will need to update the downloads
section to reflect the fact that JDK 6 is now the minimum.

Kind regards,
--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787