Обсуждение: Maven repo version

Maven repo version

От
Bosco Rama
Дата:
Hi,

I am starting a new java application and the customer wants it to  build
with dependencies coming exclusively from the Maven repo.

The lastest version of the PG jdbc driver I can find in the main
Maven repo is "9.1-901-1.jdbc4" from almost 2 years ago.  Has the
PG jdbc driver in the maven repo been deprecated just like the
server PPA repo?  If so, I guess I'll need to try to install it
into a local maven repo and convince them it's the way to do it
now.

TIA.

Bosco.

Re: Maven repo version

От
Andreas Joseph Krogh
Дата:
target="_blank">postgres@boscorama.com</a>>:</div><blockquotestyle="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div style="display:inline; font-family: monospace; font-size:
comingexclusively from the Maven repo.<br /><br /> The lastest version of the PG jdbc driver I can find in the main<br
/>Maven repo is "9.1-901-1.jdbc4" from almost 2 years ago.  Has the<br /> PG jdbc driver in the maven repo been
deprecatedjust like the<br /> server PPA repo?  If so, I guess I'll need to try to install it<br /> into a local maven
enoughit
class="origo-email-signature">--<br/> Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>      mob: +47 909 56 963<br />
SeniorSoftware Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no<br /> Public key:

Re: Maven repo version

От
Stephen Nelson
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
<andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
> På onsdag 25. september 2013 kl. 03:23:27, skrev Bosco Rama
> <postgres@boscorama.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am starting a new java application and the customer wants it to  build
> with dependencies coming exclusively from the Maven repo.
>
> The lastest version of the PG jdbc driver I can find in the main
> Maven repo is "9.1-901-1.jdbc4" from almost 2 years ago.  Has the
> PG jdbc driver in the maven repo been deprecated just like the
> server PPA repo?  If so, I guess I'll need to try to install it
> into a local maven repo and convince them it's the way to do it
> now.
>

> You haven't lookedclose enough it seems:
>
> https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.postgresql~postgresql~~~~kw,versionexpand

Or try here for released versions:
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Re: Maven repo version

От
Lachezar Dobrev
Дата:
  The group name has changed from postgresql to org.postgresql

  http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.postgresql/postgresql

2013/9/25 Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am starting a new java application and the customer wants it to  build
> with dependencies coming exclusively from the Maven repo.
>
> The lastest version of the PG jdbc driver I can find in the main
> Maven repo is "9.1-901-1.jdbc4" from almost 2 years ago.  Has the
> PG jdbc driver in the maven repo been deprecated just like the
> server PPA repo?  If so, I guess I'll need to try to install it
> into a local maven repo and convince them it's the way to do it
> now.
>
> TIA.
>
> Bosco.

Re: Maven repo version

От
Bosco Rama
Дата:
On 09/25/13 01:31, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> You haven't lookedclose enough it seems:

https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.postgresql~postgresql~~~~kw,versionexpand

Apparently not.  Is it recommended to have multiple public repos
in your pom files?  (Maven n00b here.)  I thought they were like
CPAN or GPG key servers and they converged over time.  I guess
that's a discussion for another list.

Thx.

Re: Maven repo version

От
Bosco Rama
Дата:
On 09/25/13 02:09, Lachezar Dobrev wrote:
>   The group name has changed from postgresql to org.postgresql
>
>   http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.postgresql/postgresql

Ah!  That's what I was missing.  I was using the old one. :-(

I looked (and will now look again just to make sure) but would it
make sense to have the maven coordinates available on the PG jdbc
site? Possibly in the download page?

Just a thought.

Thx.

Re: Maven repo version

От
dmp
Дата:
Bosco Rama wrote:
> On 09/25/13 02:09, Lachezar Dobrev wrote:
>>    The group name has changed from postgresql to org.postgresql
>>
>>    http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.postgresql/postgresql
>
> Ah!  That's what I was missing.  I was using the old one. :-(
>
> I looked (and will now look again just to make sure) but would it
> make sense to have the maven coordinates available on the PG jdbc
> site? Possibly in the download page?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Thx.

Attached patch to download.md to inlcude a link to Maven if
desired.

danap.

Вложения

Re: Maven repo version

От
Adib Saikali
Дата:
Perhaps it would be worthwhile for the team to add the maven co-ordinates for the jdbc driver to the website, that way
peoplecan download it if they want to just copy and paste the maven co-ordinates without getting lost in the search
resultson maven central.