Обсуждение: JDBC builds broken

JDBC builds broken

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
This buildfarm animal that is checking the JDBC driver has been broken
for 24 days. See
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=piapiac&br=HEAD>

Can someone please fix whatever is broken?

cheers

andrew

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
Mikko Tiihonen
Дата:
On 12/12/2011 05:32 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> This buildfarm animal that is checking the JDBC driver has been broken
> for 24 days. See
> <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=piapiac&br=HEAD>
>
> Can someone please fix whatever is broken?

There seems to be code that uses java.io.Conosle class that was added in Java6.

We should skip compiling that code on older JVM:s.

-Mikko

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
There are quite a few problems.

What about just not building ssl for 1.4 ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Mikko Tiihonen
<mikko.tiihonen@nitorcreations.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 05:32 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> This buildfarm animal that is checking the JDBC driver has been broken
>> for 24 days. See
>> <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=piapiac&br=HEAD>
>>
>> Can someone please fix whatever is broken?
>

> There seems to be code that uses java.io.Conosle class that was added in
> Java6.
>
> We should skip compiling that code on older JVM:s.
>
> -Mikko

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 12/12/2011 10:32 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> This buildfarm animal that is checking the JDBC driver has been broken
> for 24 days. See
> <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=piapiac&br=HEAD>
>
> Can someone please fix whatever is broken?

This has now been broken for 45 days. I'm going to disable the buildfarm
member unless the error is fixed very quickly or I at least get some
indication of progress. The whole point of the buildfarm is not to let
errors just sit around, but to fix them quickly.

cheers

andrew

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Andrew,

I have been working on a fix for this. Finding 1.4 java environments
for OS X has been difficult. I should be able to commit something
today.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 10:32 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> This buildfarm animal that is checking the JDBC driver has been broken
>> for 24 days. See
>> <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=piapiac&br=HEAD>
>>
>> Can someone please fix whatever is broken?
>>

> This has now been broken for 45 days. I'm going to disable the buildfarm
> member unless the error is fixed very quickly or I at least get some
> indication of progress. The whole point of the buildfarm is not to let
> errors just sit around, but to fix them quickly.
>

> cheers
>
> andrew

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
Andrew Dunstan

On 01/03/2012 06:51 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I have been working on a fix for this. Finding 1.4 java environments
> for OS X has been difficult. I should be able to commit something
> today.

OK, thanks. Maybe Mike could give you a login on the failing machine.
We've done that numerous times for failing buildfarm animals.

cheers

andrew

Re: JDBC builds broken

От
"Mike Fowler"

> On 01/03/2012 06:51 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> I have been working on a fix for this. Finding 1.4 java environments
>> for OS X has been difficult. I should be able to commit something
>> today.
>

> OK, thanks. Maybe Mike could give you a login on the failing machine.
> We've done that numerous times for failing buildfarm animals.
>
> cheers
>
> andrew

I can certainly provide a login if it is of use. The buildfarm is an
Amazon EC2 micro instance that does nothing but build every few hours. I
will warn however that being a micro instance it takes a lot longer to
build!

Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787