Обсуждение: PreparedStatement syntax extensions?

PreparedStatement syntax extensions?

От
Ian Pilcher
Дата:
First off, I'm pretty much a noob with anything but very basic SQL and
JDBC, so apologies in advance if these are stupid questions ...

I am using the "WHERE foo = ANY (?)" syntax for my PreparedStatements to
avoid dynamically creating gigantic "IN (?, ?, ...)" statements.  After
much searching, I found it syntax in this thread:

  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2011-04/msg00019.php

With all of my Google-fu, I have been unable to find any other mention
of this syntax anywhere else on the Interwebs, which brings me to
question #1:

Is this construct documented anywhere?

A follow-up post contains this PreparedStatement syntax:

  SELECT ?::int[]

Is this specifying a type for the PreparedStatement parameter?  If not,
what is it doing?

And again, is there any documentation of this syntax?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
"If you're going to shift my paradigm ... at least buy me dinner first."

Re: PreparedStatement syntax extensions?

От
Maciek Sakrejda
Дата:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-comparisons.html

> SELECT ?::int[]
>
>Is this specifying a type for the PreparedStatement parameter?  If not,
>what is it doing?
>
>And again, is there any documentation of this syntax?

it's just casting to int[] (slightly different idea than specifying it as a type, but not a terribly important distinction here). That particular syntax is noted under CREATE CAST ( http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createcast.html ); not sure if casting in general has its own separate section.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com

Re: PreparedStatement syntax extensions?

От
Ian Pilcher
Дата:
On 08/26/2011 11:49 AM, Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
>> Is this construct documented anywhere?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-comparisons.html
>

>>And again, is there any documentation of this syntax?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createcast.html ); not
> sure if casting in general has its own separate section.

Thank you!