Обсуждение: JDBC index metadata filter_condition

JDBC index metadata filter_condition

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
I'm investigating a Java based schema designer tool which uses the JDBC
metadata API for most of its information gathering. I notice that the
filter_condition field  returned in the getIndexInfo() method's
resultset is always null. It seems straightforward to fix this (see
attached patch)

I've specified 7.4 as the earliest server version that will try to
populate this field - even tho it looks like 7.3 might work (do we care
about 7.3 and earlier?)

regards

Mark

Вложения

Re: JDBC index metadata filter_condition

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> I'm investigating a Java based schema designer tool which uses the JDBC
> metadata API for most of its information gathering. I notice that the
> filter_condition field  returned in the getIndexInfo() method's resultset is
> always null. It seems straightforward to fix this (see attached patch)

Applied to CVS for 8.4 and 8.5.  It's half new feature, half bugfix, so I
didn't backpatch it all the way.

> I've specified 7.4 as the earliest server version that will try to populate
> this field - even tho it looks like 7.3 might work (do we care about 7.3 and
> earlier?)

Since 7.4 is the oldest officially supported version, I guess that's our
cutoff.  I still test back to 7.2, so I adjusted the patch to make it work
that far back.

Kris Jurka