Обсуждение: Pg 8.3, jdbc and UUID

Pg 8.3, jdbc and UUID

От
Mario Splivalo
Дата:
What would be the best way to use JDBC and UUIDs?

Since the only interface between the java codebase and postgres RDBMS is
trough the pl/pgsql functions, shall I write my functions to accept
varchars, and there convert them to uuids, same thing for returning
UUIDS to java?

    Mike

Re: Pg 8.3, jdbc and UUID

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
Mario Splivalo wrote:
> What would be the best way to use JDBC and UUIDs?
>
> Since the only interface between the java codebase and postgres RDBMS is
> trough the pl/pgsql functions, shall I write my functions to accept
> varchars, and there convert them to uuids, same thing for returning
> UUIDS to java?

The best interface is text; you can (implicitly) cast UUID to text
(or char or varchar) and vice versa.

So you can for example just use java.sql.PreparedStatement.setString()
to set an UUID.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe